Long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away. That's common knowledge, so common, that you don't have to explain to anyone, where it's from. Also Lord of the Rings; it also common - nobody is expected to have read to fekin trilogy to know what is a hobbit.
If somebody knows what these beforemenionted jackasses are about, they usually want to make sure that they know their stuff. By sword if necessary.
I'm different. I learned that the person I love, and probably enjoy anyways, has not seen Star Wars. I was not going the be the one who forces her the see the original trilogy, because of it. We were watching Boondocks Saints II, when I threw a joke about it: "You've have not probably seen Indiana Jones movies either", and this was because she enjoyed the Skyfall-flick, and this is the first Bond-movie I liked. Later on, I understood that there are lots of films, which I'm referring to, but she only understands the referendum-jokes, because it's so common knowledge.
What started as a Joke, is going to be a project. Because everyone knows why they like those movies, which should be a part of common knowledge.
This is Project Jenny. This a list of movies, she should have been seen, but she hasn't, but there should be a reason why she should see them. Funny part is this: She explained to me why I missed all the good parts while watching Machete.
So if people could explain why Jenny should see these (at least) movies:
- Star Wars IV-Vi (from New Hope to Jedi xxxx)
- Indiana Jones (everyone of them)
- Casablanca (where the "play it again, Sam" comes from)
- Gone with the wind (this is the one with the "dear Frank, I give a damn, no, not this one, what was the line again, oh yeah, Dear Frank my damn goes again, no that's not it, it's Dearly Frank, I write this as I am and beloved, no this is not the line neither, please forgive me, I will do it perfectly if somebody could help me to memorise the line")
- Citizen Kane (I'm actually not sure if she has seen this one)
- Godfather 1 and (third one is a comeback-movie,which explains why "I try to get out, but they always pull me back in")
- Back to the Future
- Matrix 2, and 3
- Reservoir dogs (and everyone of Tarantino's movies: "I don't like violent movies -- but you should see Macete")
And this is the the list so far, but, and there is always a but, I find myself trying to explain why these movies should have been seen already. But my reasonings are even more than just faulty. I would like people to give me reasoins why Jenny should see these movies. This list is probably going to be alive, because she she says to lots of movie, which I like, but she doesn't see the reason to watch those.She has seen Ghostbusters of course, but she doesn't see any reason to watch mentioned movies.
What I ask: Contribute to project Jenny
Project Jenny: Tell why certain movies should be seen (list might change) - name the movie and the reasons!